Exclusively available only at Santa Monica Seafood. Tasmania is known for its unspoiled wilderness and remarkable beauty. But what you may not know is that the island’s remote nature combines with Southern Ocean swells and whipping winds at Cape Grim to produce the purest air and rain on earth. The cape’s abundant precipitation also produces rich pastures overseen by ranchers committed to sustainable, ethical practices. The result? A superior source of tender, marbled, premium-grade beef from cattle that have never ever been fed hormones, antibiotics or GMOs - just pure air, clean water and pristine pasture. As American consumers increasingly demand healthy alternatives, Cape Grim Beef is a brand every foodservice professional should know.
Cape Grim Beef is entirely grass-fed and guaranteed to be tender, juicy and full flavored compared to other beef. Better yet, as required by Tasmanian law, it is completely free of hormone growth promotants.
With lungs full of clean air and bellies filled with the region’s superior pasture, Cape Grim’s British breeds of cattle have earned their reputation for producing premium-grade beef, sought after by butchers and chefs who have built their careers on choosing the best products and letting quality speak for itself.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Tasmania Australia
CHARACTERISTICS: The tenderloin is the tenderest of all cuts. When looking for that special occasion steak, this is one of the best. Pairs well with wine based sauces, Tasmanian black truffles and herb or horseradish crusts.
COOKING SUGGESTION: Best served medium to medium rare
Grilled | Pan Seared | Roasted | Broiled
WINE PAIRING: Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE: Garlic and Herb Filet Mignon
2 Filet Mignon Steaks
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Garlic & Herb Butter Dollop
salt and black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
2. Season steaks with a light dust of salt and pepper.
3. On the stove, heat an oven safe skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil.
4. Add steaks to the hot pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side.
5. Flip the steaks over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add garlic and herb butter dollop on top of each steak and transfer the entire skillet into the oven. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes depending on your choice of doneness.
6. Remove steaks from pan and onto a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let it rest about 5-7 minutes before serving.
To defrost frozen beef from Santa Monica Seafood Express, remove all plastic packaging and thaw it in the refrigerator.