Santa Monica Seafood has committed to supplying Chilean Seabass exclusively from MSC certified fisheries
Longline Ross Sea Antarctic Toothfish became MSC certified in 2010 following rigorous changes to the fisheries’ management that rebuilt the stocks and minimized the fisheries impacts to the bottom, by-catch and sea birds. Management continues to improve every year with every vessel in the area monitored by satellites and with offloading strictly monitored under the Agreement on Port State Measures (PSMA) to virtually eliminate illegal, unreported, unregulated (IUU) fish entering our supply chain.
Our fish comes with full MSC chain of custody.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Chile
CHARACTERISTICS: Living in the cold, deep waters of the Southern Hemisphere means a high fat content and rich, moist meat with a buttery flavor that just melts in your mouth. This wonderful fish cooks up white and flaky with a firm texture. It’s a great source of protein and is rich in Omega 3’s. Chilean Seabass is difficult to overcook because of the oils.
COOKING SUGGESTION: Grilled | Broiled | Baked
WINE PAIRING: Pinot Grigio
4 ea Chilean Seabass Portions
1 cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
1 Jalapeno, finely chopped
4 cloves Garlic, finely minced
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tsp White Vinegar
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat grill on high heat.
2) In a bowl add your Chimichurri ingredients - parsley, oregano, jalapeno, garlic, olive oil (make sure to reserve 2 Tbsp. for step #3), vinegar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside. (Fresh ingredients can also be processed in a food processor)
3) Place fish on a dish and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil making sure to coat all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook on the grill for about 4-5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
5) Plate fish and add a spoonful of the chimichurri on top. Enjoy with your sides of choice.
To defrost frozen seafood from Seafood Express, remove all plastic packaging and thaw it in the refrigerator.