2 each (6oz.-8oz) Lobster Tails, raw
2 each RöckenWagner Sourdough Boule
3 Tbsp. salted butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tub (8oz.) Santa Monica Seafood's Lobster Stock
4 quarts of water
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups dry white wine
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small pot of boiling water, add lobster tails. Cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the lobster while reserving the liquid and carefully separate the meat from its shell. Chop the meat into large chunks and add lobster shells back into the lobster water.
- Add white wine, salt, black pepper, lobster stock, and bay leaf to the lobster water and let it simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour the lobster stock through a fine strainer and into a bowl. Set aside.
- Using the same pot, add butter and place over medium-high heat. Let it slightly melt, then add garlic, onions, celery, and carrots. Cook until the carrot is tender.
- Add flour to the mix and stir for about 2 minutes. Pour in the lobster stock, heavy cream, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, and let it simmer to a boil.
- Remove the sprig of thyme and using a hand-held blender, carefully puree until smooth.
- To serve, cut the top off the bread and remove some of the insides. Then, add in your bisque and finish it with chunks of lobster meat and chopped chives. Enjoy!
*For extra flavor, toss your lobster meat in brown butter before topping it on the Lobster Bisque.