1 ea. (3-4lb) Salmon Fillet
2 Tbsp. Santa Monica Seafood Spicy Mustard Sauce
2 ea. puff pastry sheets, ready-to-bake sheets
16 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, stems and caps
2 sprigs of fresh Thyme, leaves only
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 ea. shallot
¼ cup Walnut
1 egg, yolk
2 Tbsp. butter
12 ea. thinly sliced Prosciutto
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Brush all sides of the salmon with spicy mustard and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor add mushrooms, thyme, garlic, shallots, and walnut. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper and then blend until everything is finely chopped.
- Add butter to a large skillet and sauté the mushroom mixture until all the liquid is fully evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down completely.
- Shingle your prosciutto over a large plastic wrap that’s about 24”x24” making sure it’s large enough to cover your salmon fillet when rolled. Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the prosciutto and then place your salmon on top. Using the plastic wrap as a guide, carefully wrap the prosciutto over your salmon. Tighten the plastic wrap and set it in the refrigerator to set for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once your fish is set, unwrap it from the plastic and place your prosciutto-wrapped salmon at the center of one of the puff pastry sheets. Place the second puff pastry sheet over the fish and seal the ends making sure the salmon is sealed tight. Brush the top of the puff pastry with egg yolks and score a crosshatch design with the tip of a knife. Cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes depending on the thickness of your fish. Enjoy!