Check out this article about Santa Monica Seafood on Ready. Chef. Go!
Recipe by Chef Mark Cleveland @chefmarkcleveland
serves 2 or 4 as appetizers
- 4 each Santa Monica Seafood Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 quart of your favorite mixed greens (Chef Mark Cleveland used organic red dandelion, broccoli rabe & escarole)
- ½ cup Stonewall Garlic Teriyaki Sauce
- Black Pepper
- Spray EVOO
- 1 each RCG grill bag
How to Prepare Your RCG Bag:
- Cut the greens into long pieces and load into the bag. Pour the teriyaki sauce over the greens.
- Spray the top of each crab cake with EVOO and sprinkle with black pepper. Arrange the cakes on top of the teriyaki greens. Seal the bag.
- Grill over indirect heat or roast in the oven at 450ºF for 15 minutes until the greens are tender and the crab cakes are golden. (For better browning, cut a slit in the bag over each crab cake.)
- Let rest in bag 3 minutes before opening. Garnish with lemon wedges and a simple side salad. (Chef Mark Cleveland used organic Persian cucumbers and cherry tomatoes with red wine vinegar.)
NOTE: Ready.Chef.GO! bags allow for excellent texture in the microwave & fast cooking in the oven. The results are always succulent & tender. You’ll taste the difference. Virtually no clean up. Scrumptious & versatile. Seafood steams to perfection in RCG! boxes and bags in both oven and on bbq grill. Enjoy sustainable seafood from Santa Monica Seafood. Follow Seafood Watch for choosing sustainable seafood. Start the New Year Light w/ Santa Monica Seafood!
About Chef Mark Cleveland
My career in culinary arts began in my grandmother’s kitchen. Harvesting produce from her garden and working alongside her was the cornerstone of my childhood. As an adult, over the course of a decade in Japan, I fell more deeply in love with food. Even more, I fell in love with food created with care, intention, deep respect for the environmental impact, and a holistic, source-to-table approach. Rather than attend a formal culinary education, I chose to find my own path. In Japan, I studied under monks in Buddhist temples, I dove into Chinese and Ayurvedic herbal medicine, and learned to cook with Chinese and Japanese teas. The result is a truly unique, holistic philosophy for a lifestyle of nutrition and wellness. My foundation informs every decision I make, in my business and in my kitchen.
Since then, my career as a chef and holistic activist has led me to restaurant ownership, the creation of educational programs, and consulting work for a wide variety of clientele. I have created thousands of recipes that artfully combine nutrition and innovation in palate-pleasing dishes that support a vibrant life. After more than twenty years as an entrepreneur, I am ready to return to employment in a company that aligns with my dedication not only to accessible, delicious food, but culinary activism and the support of sustainable, responsible living.
I throw my own custom ceramic bowls and dinnerware & shoot in my wee garden of earthly delights for added visual interest in photo & video content. I work with each customer to create a comprehensive content plan, including plated food shots, recipe creation, ask the chef segments, eco friendly & organic lifestyle blogs and more. I look forward to consulting with ++++ to showcase your world friendly brand.