1 ea Whole Bream
2 qt vegetable or canola oil
1 cup sweet chili sauce
1 ea 20 oz canned pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
1/2 red bell pepper; julienne cut
1/2 green bell pepper; julienne cut
1/2 cup green scallions; sliced
1/2 lime; fresh squeezed
salt and pepper; to taste
- Heat frying oil in a large deep pot to 400°F.
- While oil is heating, score fish on both sides.
Check out the link below by Food Republic, Tadashi Ono & Harris Salat on How to Prepare a Whole Fish for Deep Frying:
- Pat fish dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully place fish in the fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Place fish on paper towel to remove excess oil.
- On high heat, place a new pan on the stove and add sweet chili sauce and pineapple chunks. Once you start seeing bubbles, add bell peppers and lime juice. Stir and let it cook for an additional 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
- Plate New Zealand Sea Bream on a large serving dish and then top it with the sweet chili sauce followed by green scallions. Enjoy it hot with a side of cooked rice.