Fresh abalone (1-2 per person)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Clean the abalone thoroughly by removing any debris or impurities. Tenderize the abalone by pounding it gently with a meat mallet or rolling pin to ensure tenderness.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create a garlic butter sauce.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the abalone with the garlic butter sauce, ensuring they are well coated.
- Place the abalone directly on the grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the abalone is firm and opaque.
- Remove the grilled abalone from the heat and brush them with additional garlic butter sauce.
- Transfer the abalone to a serving platter and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the succulent and flavorful grilled abalone!
Note: Adjust the cooking time based on the size and thickness of the abalone. Be cautious not to overcook, as abalone can become tough and chewy if cooked for too long.