- 2 lbs Cortez Halibut Fillet
- Chipotle Aioli
- 3.75 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 can (7oz) Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1 ea Gallon size freezer bag
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- To make the aioli, add mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, minced garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper to a bowl then mix.
- Add fish to the freezer bag and then pour all of the aioli mix inside. To the bag, also add a freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime and chopped cilantro. Seal the bag removing some of the air and lightly massage the Halibut making sure it is completely coated. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill on medium and make sure it is greased well. Add Halibut to the hot grill and pour the remaining sauce from the bag over your fish. Close the lid and let it cook for about 18-25 minutes depending on the thickness or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Make sure to flip your fish every 8 minutes. The top of the fish is should be slightly golden brown. (We recommend using a non-stick fish basket for this recipe)
- Remove from the heat and enjoy warm with a side of rice and or grilled onions and peppers.