1 lb. Littleneck Clams
2 Tbsp. garlic cloves, sliced
2 Tbsp. shallots, sliced
¼ cup of Santa Monica Seafood Ultimate Stock
8 ¼ cups of water
2 cups of ice
½ loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced
1 cup of dry white wine
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl add 8 cups of water, ice, and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Stir and then add Clams in for about 10 minutes to purge any impurities.
- In a small pot on medium heat add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add sliced garlic and shallots then season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir until garlic and shallots lightly sweat and then add Clams. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add wine and lightly season again with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add stock and ¼ cup of water to the pot. Cover and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Inspect Clams making sure to discard any unopened ones.
- Plate Clams in a bowl and garnish with freshly chopped parsley, a slice of grilled ciabatta bread and finish with a drizzle of olive oil. (Try adding chorizo or finishing it with chili oil rather than olive oil for a more flavorful dish!)