2 Tbsp. garlic cloves, sliced
2 Tbsp. shallots, sliced
¼ cup of Santa Monica Seafood Ultimate Stock
8 ¼ cup of water
½ loaf of ciabatta bread
1lb Littleneck Clams
1 cup of dry white wine
3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp parsley or basil, freshly chopped
1) In a bowl halfway filled with 8 cups of cold water, add 2 cups of ice, 2 Tbsp. of salt and stir.
2) Soak Clams in the ice bath for 10 minutes to purge any impurities.
3) In a small pot, heat 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil on medium and add the sliced garlic and shallots and then season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir until garlic and shallots lightly sweat and then add Clams. Stir for about 1 minute.
4) Add wine and lightly season with salt and pepper.
5) Add SMS Ultimate Stock and ¼ cup of water to the pot, cover and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
6) Inspect Clams making sure to discard any unopened ones.
7) Plate Clams in a bowl and garnish with freshly chopped herbs of your choice, a slice of ciabatta bread and finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. (Try adding chorizo or finishing it with chili oil rather than olive oil for a more flavorful dish!)