1 tray (40gm) uni roe
6 oz sushi-grade hamachi (buri)
4 oz cured salmon roe
2 cups short grain rice (sushi rice); rinsed well and drained)
2.5 cups water
¼ cup rice vinegar
4 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
- In a bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved. Set the mixture aside.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and add it to a medium-sized pot along with water. Place the pot over medium-high heat and cover it with a lid. Let the rice simmer until the liquid is almost fully evaporated. Then, reduce the heat to low and let the rice cook for an additional 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the rice vinegar seasoning to the rice. Gently mix the rice to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- To assemble the dish, spoon the sushi rice into a bowl and top it with uni, buri, and salmon roe.
- Enjoy your delicious meal!