Here's a quick, easy and tasty recipe you'll love making over and over.
1 fillet of Hamachi
1/3 tbsp sake
1 3/4 tbsp soy sauce
½ tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp mirin
1/2 cup of Santa Monica Seafood Ultimate Stock
½ cup shiitake mushrooms
1 leek, cut into 2” length
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix ½ tbsp sake, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and vegetable oil in a small bowl. Pour the marinade over the Hamachi fillet into a shallow dish and let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine ¼ tbsp sake, sugar, ¾ tbsp soy sauce, mirin, and stock. Heat until it boils slightly, then set aside.
- In a skillet, saute shiitake mushrooms and leek in olive oil for about 5 minutes. Season to taste and set aside.
- Remove the Hamachi fillet from the marinade and place it on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roast in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Plate the fish, mushrooms, and leeks. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over the dish and enjoy!