1.5 lbs Pacific Halibut Fillet, cut into 2oz portions
1 cup All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
12oz Beer of Your Choice
1 Small Lemon, cut into wedges
1 tsp Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
1-2 quarts of canola oil (oil amount may vary depending on the size of your fryer)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oil to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl add flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently mix.
- Coat each Halibut piece with the flour and then place it on a separate plate or rack.
- To the large bowl of remaining flour, add baking powder and beer. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip Halibut into the batter and then straight to the pre-heated oil. Cook for about 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Plate your fish and then garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy it with a side of fries and Santa Monica Seafood Tartar Sauce.