4 ea. 8oz. Salmon Portions
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. pure honey
1 ea. whole chipotle from a can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
3 cups 100% pineapple juice
salt and black pepper
- Preheat the grill and make sure the grill grates are clean and seasoned.
- In a blender, blend 1 to 2 whole chipotle peppers with pineapple juice until it is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a small non-stick saucepan over low to medium heat and add the honey, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt and black pepper. Let it reduce until the sauce slightly thickens (about 5-7 minutes). Turn off the stove and remove it from the heat.
- Add Salmon onto a plate and pat the fish dry with a paper towel. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the chipotle glaze followed by light dust of salt and pepper. Coat all sides of the salmon and then cook it on the grill for about 2-3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the fish. (Optional: for an extra smoky flavor, try cooking your fish over cedar wood planks or cedar wraps!)
- Once the Salmon is cooked, plate your fish, and then brush it with a little more of your glaze. Garnish with a slice of grilled pineapple for an extra finished touch. Enjoy!